Oftentimes women begin their day by putting an enormous amount of toxins and chemicals into their body without realizing it.
Body and hair care products, hygiene products, and even makeup contain a significant amount of toxins that can produce harm in the long run. In addition, we are exposed to all sorts of pollution.
Today, the creation of organic makeup means that we can still enhance our beauty and have the same fun doing it as we did with conventional mass-produced makeup but with a much healthier alternative.
Also, with more and more people becoming conscious of their health, and for the right reason, organic makeup is a great way to enhance that lifestyle.
Unlike traditional makeup, which is chemical based, organic makeup makes use of all-natural ingredients such as plant and flower extracts. Using these types of products in your skin care regimen can have several benefits:
- Organic makeup won’t irritate your skin. Because traditional makeup uses chemicals and other harmful ingredients such as fragrances, alcohol, and other artificial ingredients, these irritate our skin and cause many types of skin irritations such as pimples, blackheads, whiteheads, and others. Organic makeup is also non-comedogenic, and this means that it won’t clog your pores. Everything used in this kind of makeup is great for your skin, also allowing it to breathe easily.
- Many people don’t realize the chemicals placed in their regular makeup. Organic makeup is 100% safe and clean, so you don’t have to worry about toxic chemicals entering your blood stream when you use this. Just some of the ingredients commonly found in traditional makeup and their harmful effects are:
- Sodium lauryl sulfate (SLS) – used as an industrial strength cleanser that is used to clean cars and floors
- Cornstarch, used as a filler for makeup, is a known skin irritant
- Parabens are probably the most commonly found ingredient in makeup and skincare products; it is what helps keep the products from spoiling for over months and is potentially toxic. They come in forms such as methyl, ethyl, propyl and benzyl.
- Organic makeup comes in a wide, extensive range and can fit just about any budget you have. They can be inexpensive drugstore brands or luxurious brands, but when you go shopping you should keep in mind that expensive does not translate to quality. At the end of the day, all organic makeup is created equally, to provide you with a safe alternative in skin care and beauty.
With all the harmful things we consume every day; it’s better to start being a more aware consumer and begin researching what it is we are putting into our bodies.
Women tend to have much more skin and beauty products compared to children and men, and using organic makeup is one of the first steps they should take to being healthy.
Organic makeup is a great way to still keep looking great without the harmful chemicals to worry about.