Green transportation is that kind of a transportation system which does not affects the environment negatively.Â The field of green transportation has expanded a lot in the past few years, owing to the rising petrol and gas prices across the world.Â Green transportation is not just important for the current time but also for the future and needs to be developed even further.
Some examples of green transportation are walking, cycles, car sharing, electric bikes and scooters, green vehicles which run on wind, hydrogen, solar energy or biofuels and public transportation such as buses, metros and subways.
Importance of green transportation
Green transportation is very important in todayâ€™s scenario where environment is depleting with every passing day and dependence of gas and petrol is increasing day by day, thus posing a threat to earth.
- Green transportation is extremely important because it takes off the burden from the earthâ€™s natural resources of fossil fuels such as oil, natural gas and petroleum.Â These fuels take millions of years to replenish and are soon running out.
- Another reason why green transportation is so important is because using fossil fuels poses a great threat to the environment. The fumes which are generated from running vehicles are harmful for the air, the water and the trees.Â When humans inhale the polluted air or drink the contaminated water, they are at an increased risk of diseases like asthma. Thus to stop pollution from spreading, we all need to switch to green transportation.
- Green transportation like cycling, walking and using car sharing is not only good for the environment but also helps to save a lot of money that we otherwise spend on petrol or gas. This slowly helps us save a fortune by the end of the year and thus adds to our bank balance.
What can we do to help?
- We can all just shift to green transportation slowly and gradually as every single effort will count.
- Whenever you are going to purchase a car the next time, make sure you go for a hybrid car which partially runs on battery.Â This kind of a car gives great mileage and hence consumes lesser fuel.
- Another way to use green transportation is by walking or cycling whenever you have to go to short distances.
- Driving mindlessly must be a big no-no and we all must consume gas or petrol thoughtfully, only when required.
- Make use of public transportation whenever you can and go for carpooling when going to office or college.
Photo Credit By:Â urban-fun.com