Did you know that using the regular shaving cream eventually leads to damage to the environment and is not the most environment-friendly product? Well, the manufacturing process of shaving creams involve the use of heat and electricity which contributes to climate change and the ingredients used in it such as lanolin, glycerin etc. are not very good for the environment as well.
Also shaving creams contain propellants which have an adverse effect on the nature. This is why, it is important to look for green alternatives to such creams so as to protect the environment and prevent it from damage. The following is a list of the top green or environment friendly alternatives to your shaving cream:
DIY Shaving Cream
This is a DIY shaving cream recipe which is popularly known as Elizabeth Sewardâ€™s recipe.
- Double boiler
- Â½ teaspoon of sunflower oil
- Â¼ cup of unscented glycerin soap
- A cup or container
- To make this shaving cream, you will first need the double boiler. In this double boiler, melt the chunks of the glycerin soap
- Now to the glycerin soap, stir in the sunflower oil nicely.
- Now transfer the entire mixture into the cup or the container as all the chunks of the glycerin are properly melted.
Shea Butter Shaving Cream
- 2 tbsp. sweet almond oil
- 3 tbsp. coconut oil
- 4 tbsp. solid shea butter
- 10-12 drops of pure lavender essential oil
- In a double boiler, add shea butter and the coconut oil and let them both melt together on low temperature. Keep stirring them occasionally.
- Once completely melted, remove from heat and add the essential oil and the almond oil. Stir the entire combination
- Transfer the mixture to a cup or container and freeze it till hard.
- Remove from the fridge and use a hand held electric mixer to mix it up until it reaches the state of frosting.
- Store in an airtight container and use it for upto a month.
- To make a paste of apricot, take a few apricots and crush them to a paste like consistency.
- Store this paste in the fridge and use it the morning after.
- This natural shaving cream does not harm the environment in any way and helps in healing shaving wounds faster.
Another wonderful alternative to the regular or factory manufacturer shaving cream is almond paste.Â In order to make this paste, you will need to first soak the almonds in water for a few hours. After they are moist, take off the peel, crush them and make a paste. Use this paste as a shaving cream for smooth shave and soft skin.
This is a superb natural item for using in place of a shaving cream. It is soft, makes good foam and helps to give a smooth skin after the shave to men. It does not harm the nature in any way and works really well.