Winter is a harsh weather for the skin; as the outdoor temperatures slide down and the weather gets dry you start to feel the tensed pull on your skin and rough dry hair. To keep your skin radiant and perfectly toned even during the winters nothing can be a better choice than organic skin products. The first precaution would be NOT to use the same cream or cleansers that you used in summer as your skinâ€™s needs also change with the rhythmic change of the seasons. Here are some effective and helpful tips for organic skin care regime during the winters –
- Cleansing â€“ This is the first and very vital stage of skincare â€“ be it for any season. When you are choosing the natural or organic cosmetics for winter skin regime, select the ones having lavender or aloe mist; they will clean your face and also keep it well hydrated. Another organic option for cleansing is honey; pat a drop of honey, keep it for a while and wash off to get a clean and soft skin. Some also prefer coconut oil based cleansers that also have calendula for hydrating reasons. This organic product is good for sensitive skins as well since it will take care of the bumps, redness, itching, and dryness. Whichever product you select the massaging technique should be in circular motions and the cleaning up should be done by moist cotton or warm water.
- Exfoliating â€“ During winters, scrubbing the skin is equally important as you need to remove the dirt, blackheads and dead skin cells. The organic konjac sponge is popularly used for regular decongesting and skin brightening. However, you have plenty options to choose â€“ oatmeal, Epsom salt, kosher salt, coffee grounds, fine grains are all organic and exfoliates the skin effectively. You can mix them with the base oils like coconut oil, olive oil, grape seed oil etc to make a perfect solution for the winters.
- Oil content for dry skin â€“ Dry skin needs special attention during the winters. Rosemary extract in form of oils serve the best for this purpose. Witch hazel, sage and peppermint toners would be great for dry skin during the winters. Use any organic day and night cream that has high butter content (shea butter).
- Moisturizing â€“ A moisturizer will act like a protection shield of your skin during the winters. Organic grain powders are available for massaging; they not only absorb the excess oil, clean the clogged pores and moisturise your skin but also exfoliates the skin of dead cells. Moisturise and massage your skin regularly with buttermilk after every wash. The acids in products containing buttermilk clean away dirt and also tighten the pores. You also get loads of organic skin creams and lotions with varied combinations for massage.
- Acne Clearance â€“ Neem is the first and last word for acne troubles in the world of organics. If you have a pimple prone skin, select a skin care pack that has concentrated neem oil in all the products â€“cleanser, moisturiser, toner and scrubber. However, people who do not prefer neem can look into products having tea tree oil, aloe vera, lemon juice, garlic, cornstarch etc.
Shea butter, apricot kernel oil, argan oil, organic jojoba, coconut oil, are some of the essentials for a organic skin care regime during the winters. Apart from just the skin treatment, do look into your diet for the best outcomes!