Climate change has been a long running problem, worrying world leaders and the population alike about where the planet is heading. This has been one big reason why the going green phenomenon took off in the first place. Preserving our natural resources, ensuring a bright future for our children and reducing pollution are three big players in the reasoning.
In fact, we all do a little bit more than we ever did but it’s about taking this to another level with some effort and thought. If we clean up our act then our water, air and energy becomes cleaner and this helps everything that lives on this planet. Take a look at these five simple apps that can kick you off.
- Light Bulb Finder – One big energy saver that people are trying to implement across the board is energy saving bulbs. This free app for Android and iPhone means that you can make the switch from conventional bulbs to energy saving equivalents easily. From light quality to fit to style you can shop knowing that you are purchasing exactly what you need.
- Energy Saver – Do your bit for the environment and save money at the same time, what could be better? This app is priced at £2.99 and helps to “profile – analyze – save” on your water, gas and electricity expenses. With features that are easy to use and customise, there is plenty to get your teeth into before the benefits start to roll in through your shrewd consumption and elimination of waste.
- Green Genie – Already named as the number one green app in some quarters and with USA Today saying “a good place to start: The Green Genie app” it’s obvious why it gets so much love. It comes from the idea that each change you make adds up for both you and the environment over time. Currently a free offering, this is a comprehensive guide to better living. Sustainable living. With features like essential reading, a glossary and strategies it really needs to be part of your green push.
- Good Guide – Ever wondered the performance of your food and household product in terms of social, environmental and health? Whether you have or not, it’s time to make your purchases more accountable. This free, quick and easy app gets information and ratings as you do your shopping. Not only this but customised recommendations come as standard. Some reviews say it needs more UK products, but this should come in time.
- Find Recycling – One buzzword for saving the planet is recycling. You can get a lot of money for your unwanted possessions. Whether you want to sell your old htc desire or your old entertainment collection you can. But, if you’re just looking for a place to recycle glass bottle, batteries or TVs then this app is there to help you do just that in the United Kingdom.
Whether you are looking to save money, help the planet or both then these apps can be a great way to start. There are plenty more to scroll through but you can begin encouragement with these five. We need to make the world a greener place again and that is up to us all as a race. Do your bit.