When you decide to give your house a makeover or an upgrade there are quite a few ways of doing it. While some of you may want a cosmetic change, others might want to see the entire house being taken down and then rebuilt. But no matter what you do there will be things that will be tossed out of the house. For all that you need a plan… especially to recycle.
It is better to put the things you consider waste to some significant use so that the balance of nature is maintained and there is no environmental damage on your hands. Here are some tips of what you can do.
- Find an expert is this matter who will tell you what you can use, what you can give away to recycle and what you must trash.
- Make sure you keep all the timber aside. You can use all of it in the new home that you are building. You can also give it away to some other constructor so that he can use it.
- Keep places designated for various items like timber, glass, metal, and electrical gadgets. If you assign separate places for each then you will be able to sort through them later.
- In case you have a considerable about of copper in your so called building waste, keep it safe. You will need to make wiring out of it.
- Consult an interior designer to understand the possibilities of recycling. You do not need to buy new windows. Just use the old windows, paint them anew and intensify them by making them waterproof. If you get some railroad sleepers, make them useful in your garden. Use recyclable steel for something else in the house.
- If you are using paint thinners then reseal containers once you have used the amount you want. These items can be reused later.
- In case you have oil painted stuff that you are tearing down then make sure that you dispose them in a designated place. The oil painted items give off toxic gas and are not good for your health. You need to get rid of them.
- Use cardboards and similar items to create small storage partitions for small items. They come in handy and are cost effective.
- Once all this is done, you need to haul away all the things that will not be fir for use by anyone. Find a designated place where you can dump all these items.
Photo Credit By: thepostandbeam.files.wordpress.com