Posted on Jun 26, 2010 | Comments 0
Mattress is among the pricey investment a homeowner will make. It should be comfortable and relaxing, since it plays an integral part when it comes to your rest and leisure after a day’s work or fun filled activities.
Recent developments instill health consciousness among us. Organic living means ensuring the family’s health and keeping our environment protected.
Organic mattress is one of the answers to meet the needs of the family’s healthy life. It is an investment for your health and for the environment.
Organic mattress in a glimpse
Organic mattress are entirely made from natural materials and undergo little processing in its production. Like all other organic products, it does not contain toxic materials and contain the all natural organic cotton and wool as well as natural tree rubber latex.
The healthy benefits of an organic mattress
- Organic mattress is free from toxic chemicals like polybrominated diphenyl, retardants, glues and dyes which are carcinogenic and are health hazard.
- Organic mattress are durable, owe to its meticulous craftsmanship and its all natural materials. Some are even hand tufted and stitched for your comfort and convenience.
- Organic mattress is hypoallergenic and are resistant to dust mites. If you have your own children, this kind of mattress is perfect for their sensitive skin and sense of smell.
Things to consider in buying organic mattress
1. Canvass on the cost of the organic mattress. It should always fit your budget and should be proportional to the size of the mattress. Similarly, the size should correspond to the person using it, taking into consideration the weight and the height.
2. The firmness of the mattress should also be considered. For back sleepers, a firmer mattress is advisable to support the back. For side or stomach sleepers, a softer mattress is more ideal. It is also recommended that you write your own specifications for a mattress and inquire about it in the store. Note also that many manufacturers offer a 30 day test sleep warranty for your convenience.
3. The quality of your mattress highly depends on the materials used, like organic cotton or organic wool or natural tree latex. These organic materials ensure durability and a number of health benefits. It is best to look at all material options before deciding on your organic mattress.
4. As with any other products, read the labels carefully to be sure of what you are getting. The manufacturer should likewise inform you about the percentage of materials used in the mattress, whether it is all organic or there are percentages of organic and synthetic combined.
Since most of this organic mattress is quite costly, it is equally important to really know what you are getting and what you are paying for.
Be very careful in choosing the most suitable mattress especially one that you will love to have for a long time. Organic mattress’ benefits cannot be denied. Invest on it properly knowing its health and environmental impact for you and your family to enjoy.
Filed Under: Green Products