Alternative solar energy refers to using radiant light and heat from the sun to power a number of things on earth instead of relying on fossil fuel and generators to manufacture and produce energy.
The sun has long been recognized as the most important and primary source of energy, as it is a ball of gases and every day, the sun radiates an enormous amount of energy.
In order to harness alternative solar energy from the sun, many technologies continue to be developed, such as solar panels, and solar cells, among others.
Alternative solar energy has several benefits. These include:
1. Because alternative solar energy is renewable, we never have to worry about running out of energy from the sun. The sun consistently and regularly provides radiant energy every day, and these can even be saved up through certain sources on earth. Heat storage can continue to keep people warm and dry even during long cold periods and at night.
2. There is good investment to be made from alternative solar energy. In comparison to paying monthly electric bills which have no return on investment, solar technology may be costly such as purchasing solar panels, but eventually it will pay for itself and you never have to worry about seeing another electric bill again. The sun produces energy for us completely free of charge!
3. The electricity produced by the sun does not damage the environment or contribute to the current problem of climate change.
In fact, we are encouraged to use renewable energy sources to minimize our carbon footprint, and unlike traditional sources of energy which emit pollution and chemicals into the ozone because of fossil fuels, solar technology does not.
4. Alternative solar energy is completely safe for installation in your home. Even if you have children, the technology is located at your roof and it does not emit harmful chemicals or gases.
5. Just about anybody can start using alternative solar energy, various models are available that can fit your budget and the size of your home.
Apart from using them at home for electrical sources, there are also many ways we can apply the benefits of using solar energy in our daily lives. Here’s how:
1. Through solar water heaters, we can enjoy warm water in homes, schools, offices, and even swimming pools.
2. The sun’s energy can also be used to heat and ventilate homes and commercials as well as industrial buildings. Depending on the climate and daylight availability of the location, we can use technologies such as thermal mass methods to cool or heat indoor spaces.
3. Alternative solar energy can also be used for cooking and pasteurization methods. Through the use of panel cookers, box cookers, reflectors, and other methods of harnessing the sun for use in the kitchen, we can now rely on the sun to help sustain us.
4. We can also enjoy clean, potable water through alternative solar energy. This works by combining the sun’s energy with other methods, sometimes making use of plants, to clean water and kill bacteria.