Organic clothing is one of the effective means of promoting environmental awareness in each and every one of us.
The movement gives emphasis to the reduction of soil, water and air pollution through responsible farming and manufacturing of clothes.
Among the sustainable materials for clothes are bamboos.
Bamboo clothing is essentially made up of bamboos and other organic materials and fibers which were not treated with chemical pesticides or genetically modified.
What is bamboo clothing?
Bamboo clothing is among the eco friendly product you can choose to help the environment. It comes in a wide variety of styles and kind for men, women and children to enjoy. Bamboo clothing as the name suggests, comes from one of the worldâ€™s sustainable resources, which is bamboo.
Bamboo is considered to be the worldâ€™s fastest growing plant; it is not a wood but a grass. As such, it incessantly grows new shoots after each harvest without the need for replanting it.
Its fast growth means full utilization of the product in 4 to 5 years unlike other trees which takes about 25 to 70 years to mature.
The surprising benefits of bamboo clothing
- Bamboo is good for the ecosystems, because it does not require chemicals or fertilizers for its cultivation.
- Bamboo fights global warming. It produces more oxygen and removes carbon dioxide in the atmosphere which replenishes fresh air.
- Many bamboo clothing manufacturers ensure that they use the Moso bamboo species, which is not the food group eaten by the pandas, so there is no need to worry about the pandasâ€™ diet.
- Bamboo clothing feels like silk but it is more durable and less expensive.
- Bamboo clothing is termed as the new cotton. It keeps moisture in your skin, which keeps you dry and odor free.
- Their naturally smooth fiber makes it anti bacterial and reduces skin allergies and irritations.
- It has thermal regulating feature, which makes it a comfortable wear during summer or heavy exercise activities and keeps you warm during winter.
- It also gives UV protection because of its natural fibers.
- It is biodegradable, being made from bamboo pulp; it does not undergo chemical treatments like formaldehyde and chlorine in its production.
- It is also easy to dye, which gives it a variety of style and design patterns.
- Bamboo clothing dries faster than cotton clothes.
Bamboo clothing indeed revolutionizes fashion and environmental awareness. It can compete with other clothing products in the market.
There are many designs and colors for you to choose from. Bamboo clothing which ranges from shirts to dresses to slacks and socks also includes towels and robes.
Bamboo fibers are also used for beddings. Its smooth fiber gives it a silk feel coupled with its anti bacterial properties, which make it very versatile and luxurious at the same time.
Enjoy its comfort and protection and you also help achieve a sustainable ecosystem. More importantly it is a healthy alternative for you and your family and to the environment as well.