Posted on Oct 05, 2009 | Comments 0
The fungus or mold is omnipresent inside our houses as well as outside. The mold is more frequent because it is spread by spores through the air. In order to grow the mold spores need humidity and a food source like celluloses or decomposing food.
The most common fungus growing inside houses are Cladosporium, Aspergillus and Penicillium. In USA, around 50 calls are reporting daily fungus infection inside houses.
Many epidemiological studies concluded that the increase of the air humidity due to the green house effect creates the perfect environment for the development of the mold and creates the right circumstances for the growing number of children getting asthma infections.
These studies have shown that by exposing the children to this kind of environment infection results in respiratory problems like heavy breathing, cough and related health problems.
The exposure to the mold spores also affects the cognitive activity (memory losses, irritability, anxiety and depression).
The most important part of the treatment for the patients experiencing mold intolerance is avoiding the exposure and eliminating the contamination. Avoiding water draining and spongy walls is a good idea.
The humidity control is crucial even if, with the way the environment is getting worse every day, the battle seems to be lost.
This battle can be fought with anti humidity devices or using air conditioning but these are also energy consumers and are not helping the environment.
Filed Under: Science & Technology